Pacifica G.K. was established in Tokyo in June 2017. The president, James Yellowlees, has been in Japan for a total of 25 years. He has a doctorate from the University of Tokyo, in Modern Japanese Politics and Economics, and served as a Director in the Office of the Agent General for British Columbia in Tokyo, from 1989-1992. He then joined the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada and was the Director of their office in Japan from 1992 until June of 1995.
In both positions, Dr. Yellowlees was involved in strategic consulting work related to market entry, investment promotion, human resource issues, and business development. His career has allowed him to build active Asian business relationships covering Japan, China, Korea. Dr. Yellowlees currently lectures on cross-cultural business communications at the International Center at Keio University.
Pacifica Consultants is the consulting arm of Pacifica G.K. and is engaged in business consulting services in the Japanese and other key Asia Pacific markets in the following areas:
- Strategic Market Entry and Representation: Pacifica Consultants is working closely with a number of international clients in the following sectors; financial services, IT, venture, telecommunications,environmental technologies and services, retail, and chemicals.
- E-commerce Strategies: Pacifica Consultants provides clients with strategic and implementation consulting services in B2C , B2B and B2G business solutions.
- Human Resources Consulting: Pacifica Consultants works closely with clients to develop human resource strategies and then assists in helping clients to recruit candidates to fill critical positions. This unique approach affords clients a level of personalized and professional service that is unparalleled in the Japanese and Asian markets.
- Management Consulting: Pacifica Consultants advises international firms already based in Japan and other key Asian markets on strategic business development, market expansion and maximizing profitability. Pacifica Consultants works with clients to maximize presence, visibility, and introduces effective and appropriate business partners.
- Market Research and Analysis: organizations that are active in Japan and other key North Asia Markets must keep abreast of the latest developments in their sectors. Pacifica Consultants offers overall business, economic and political updates as well as sector specific reports.
With deregulation and the opening of various sectors in Japan and Asia, opportunities are enormous. Pacifica Consultants is well positioned to assist quality organizations in developing clear, comprehensive strategies for market entry, establishing appropriate strategic partnerships, creating and maintaining a winning team, accessing timely analysis, and reaching their potential within the Japanese and Asian markets.
We hope that you will decide to join the Pacifica Consultants network to enhance your operations throughout Japan and the Asia Pacific region. Please contact us today for more information.